Most people today are avoiding touching things to avoid the coronavirus infection, and in such a way the use of digital payments has increased. Hard cash means the notes pass through the hands of many people and it is not possible to sanitize every note or coin that comes in your hand. Now, there are many apps available for online payments.
One of these includes UPI as well as wall-based money transfer. At the same time, in another type of app, UPI based payment is made only through the portal of the bank. WhatsApp payment is a UPI based feature that allows users to directly transfer money to other users.
If you do not yet know about this special feature of WhatsApp, then today we will tell you everything about it. Learn how to set up and use WhatsApp payments on your smartphone. Follow the step-by-step guide:
Things to keep in mind:
- You have the latest version of WhatsApp
- Active bank account
- Registered phone number with bank and WhatsApp must be same
How to setup WhatsApp Payments:
1. Open WhatsApp on your device and tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner
2. Tap on the Payments option
3. Tap on Add Payment option and then click on Accept and tap on Continue button.
4. Now, select your bank and tap on it
5. After this, using your registered mobile number, your bank details will come in the app.
6. Now verify your bank account through SMS by tapping on Verify via SMS option
7. Once verified, tap done to complete the setup process.
How to send money through WhatsApp Payments
1. First make sure that the other user has also set up WhatsApp payment in their smartphone
2. Now, open the chat window of the contact you want to send money to
3. Now tap on the Attach icon and choose the Payment option
4. Now fill the amount and click on Next
5. Enter UPI PIN to authenticate the payment