The American tech company Google has updated the auto-delete feature. Now the location history and voice data of the new app and web users will be automatically deleted after 18 months. At the same time, this updated feature will work by default.
Let us tell you that the company launched this feature last year and users had to go to the settings and activate it.
YouTube users get an auto-delete feature
Apart from the web and app, the company has also released this feature for YouTube. With this feature, the data of YouTube users will be automatically deleted after 36 months. At the same time, old users can also activate this feature by going to Settings.
- How to activate this feature
Open the Google app on your device and click on the profile option on the right side here.
- After that go to Manage Your Google Account and click on Data and Personalization.
- Now you will see web and app activity under activity control. Click on it.
- After doing so, you will see the option of auto delete here.
- Here you will see the option of 3 months, 18 months, and off. Choose one of these options according to your choice.