Videos are seen on the social media site Facebook and its app are automatically played. In this case, the video is played while the page is loading or scrolling on the app. This way the user experience on the app and platform is better.
However, not all users necessarily like the autoplay feature and there are some disadvantages. This also causes more data usage and often plays videos that the user does not want to watch. This can be done by following the simple steps if you want to turn off autoplay.
Follow these steps if you use Facebook on a web browser and want to turn off the autoplay video feature.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top right of the page
- Then click on Setting And Privacy and select Settings in it.
- Then click on Videos from the left-hand menu and here in the options toggle, you will be able to autoplay the video.
On the iOS app
– Open Facebook and tap on the menu button at the bottom of the screen.
– Then select Settings after tapping Settings And Privacy.
– Now you will get the option of Media And Contacts on scrolling and here you have to tap on Videos And Photos.
– Now you can turn off the Autoplay option you see here.
On the Android app
– Tap on Facebook and tap on the menu button that appears in the top right of the screen.
– Here you will see Settings And Privacy, after which you have to go to Settings.
– After scrolling down, tap on Media And Contacts.
– Then after tapping on AutoPlay you have to select on Never Autoplay Videos.